2. Homeschool. Grammar is still rescuing me a lot in the mornings. This helps a lot. She pulls up at 8am, and Asher literally runs out the door to go to "Grammar School" where he eats oatmeal, plays with puzzles and blows bubbles. I admit that Silas is completely and loudly envious, and Jude is quietly envious. It's hard to be as fun as Grammar when you're working on division and learning to read. But they are persevering and we are having fun, learning, and growing in our interactions together.
3. We listened to this little gem in the car together this week. My boys loved it. And Jude is still quoting the line from Paul Bunyan's tale where "they built a table so long that it took the men a week to pass the salt and pepper." It's in the library for all you locals:)
4. Hubs is working away at the farm again this week. And I admit that I'm missing my best friend. We're busy and he's busy so there's not much time to do more than acknowledge it and push on, but I do miss him and I'm glad. He came back with poison ivy last weekend and promptly had to go to the doctor to prevent his body from being overtaken. This week, he sent me a picture of himself in overalls and told me he'd driven a tractor. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd post the overalls picture here. But even I have my blog limits:)
5. The boys started soccer. And swimming. We're taking advantage of our USA time to bump up our sports skills and (more importantly) sportsmanship skills. I don't know why my kids are so competitive. I have no idea where they got that from. (Confession: Early in marriage, David and I had to stop playing bananagrams for a while b/c I couldn't control my competitive spirit. Yeah. I don't like that about myself.) Today I had to make the kids adjust attitudes and shake hands after a game of match-it. You reap what you sow, friends. You reap what you sow.
6. The dishes are waiting for me. Bedtime is calling. Break's over.
Happy Wednesday to you!