Tuesday, September 29, 2009
I use our microwave a lot. Baked potatoes, green beans, sticky buns...you name it, I put it in the microwave. To my great dismay, our microwave sputtered out on Saturday. Oh the sadness. It's a wonderful microwave. My sister gave it to us for Christmas the first year we were married. I lamented. David tried to take it apart. The screws were tamper proof. He went to Home Depot and bought tools to remove the tamper proof casing. I left to take Keyara to the Slugger Museum. I returned and the microwave was back in place...with the cover loosely attached. It was still broken but David assured me he'd located the problem.
Yesterday, David enlisted the help of a friend to help him replace the little connector (I have no idea the right term here) that appeared to be burnt out. Replace it, they did. And would you believe it? The microwave was resurrected!!! Unbelievable! I was terribly proud of hubs. They fixed that microwave for $4.50. He warned me though that they couldn't find the exact connector, so it might not work for long. Nonetheless, I cooked my baked potatoes and green beans last night with gusto.
All was well....
....until this morning.
Apparently, last night's dinner was too much for the mismatched connector. Now David's talking about ordering the right connector from the microwave company.
I have to admit. Despite the fact that the microwave still does not work, I'm completely impressed. I didn't know you could fix a microwave. I don't think David knew either. This seems to have inspired him to new heights. Last night I walked into the bedroom to find him on the floor tearing apart the iron that quit last month. This may have started something....