Monday, September 14, 2009

Ready, Set....



On Saturday, the office I work for hosted a 5K to raise money for missions. It's my favorite event that we work on all year. Besides the fact that it's for a great cause - if I'm not running, I like to watch other people run. It's also a day when I see people I am contact with in a more professional setting in a completely different atmosphere.... and I like that. Plus, the t-shirts are always super-cool:)



With great pride, I watched my very own running buddy place right behind the Overall Female winner. Laurin took 1st in the Under 40 ladies category! Congrats, Laurin! I had no doubt:)


To my wonder, this guy took 2nd in the Over 40 Male category....pushing 2 gals in a stroller. David has run with him a few times and I asked him how much the stroller weighs. Dave assured me that it's about 90 lbs! Unbelievable. I tried pushing little Aubrey Boeving one afternoon with Laurin and my pace slowed to a crawl!



The truth is - even though it's my favorite event of the year, I'm always very relieved when it's finished. The rest of my weekend was quite relaxing...more later about the fabulous Mellwood Art Fair and the return of hubs!

1 comment:

amanda said...

oh that looks like fun! way to go Laurin!