Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tie me to a balloon...



This weekend David and I took Keyara to see the latest Pixar movie, Up. Since the release of Toy Story, we've been Pixar fans. Admittedly, Wall-e was a pretty big disappointment to us...we were actually a bit bored in the theatre. As a result, I wasn't sure what to think of the rave reviews I was hearing. But, how could we pass it up now that it's at the economically friendly Greentree Theatre!?!

We LoVeD Up!!!!

It was hilarious. It provoked reflection. It was sentimental and sad. I confess that it did indeed make me cry...to Keyara's amazement, no doubt. It was suspenseful. (ok. we're not talking Hitchcock suspense...but for a kid's movie.) It was creative. And it fed fantasy. Admission - I've always wanted to float away while holding a bunch of balloons. Who hasn't? I mean, really. Who hasn't?

Not to mention that it was just plain sweet and for a change honored married love. In the end it made me reach over for my sweet husband's hand and wish for many more adventures together.

4 comments:

Midgard Dragon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
In Definition said...

apparently i made an avid wal-e fan incredibly angry. no offense intended...just a personal opinion.

Angie said...

Laura, I quite agree. Loved it all, even the 3D =). Marianna has been to see it two times, as her Uncle Micah also took her, and she will no doubt go for her third viewing soon since for neither of the first two trips was her daddy able to make it.

Anonymous said...

My hubby and I also went to see this, in 3-D. I laughed as hard as I cried in this movie...my goodness! The man in front of me even turned around to comment. We also held hands and vowed to continue the adventure. I think I must have just needed a good cry that night...i'm talking tears running down my shirt to my stomach..no joke! haha. glad yall loved it!
Marjo