Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Reunion


On Friday night we hit the ole ECS cafeteria for burgers and nachos with the classes of '79, '89 and '99! I'll admit it...being the nerds that we are, Friday night was one of our favorite parts of the weekend because it gave us a chance to see several of our former teachers. David and I loved being back on campus...at least for a night:)


One of David's favorite parts was watching the ECS football team beat Bishop Burn. Just like old times! As we were leaving, he kept drifting back to the fence line to catch 'just a few more plays.'


A few of David's classmates on Saturday night at the Hughes Pavilion at The Dixon Museum. It was a fun evening. Undoubtedly, my favorite part was sitting at a table while Baxter, one of my classmates who also married a '99 told old stories and attempted matchmaking.

My favorite comment of the night was from one of David's classmates who told me that I am skinnier than he remembered and that I dress quite stylishly now. This statement I found hilarious. I'm thankful that was his assessment. I confess I may avoid the topic with him when the 20 year reunion rolls around though...and quite the opposite will likely be true!


After the game, we met up with a few friends over at the Dawkinses' house. As always...old friends are one of the best parts of going home! (Besides our sweet families, of course:)



It was a fun weekend. We're glad to be home though!

7 comments:

shays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey Hays said...

It was so good to see you this weekend. And yes, sitting with Baxter is always a hoot...I think his matchmaking activities are on hold for the moment.

Kari Plevan said...

Aww, fun. And a new post. Awesome. :)

Lee said...

I hardly recognize any of those guys? I guess I didn't know many people from the class. Cracking up about the comment on your size and stylishness. I think you have always been small, but agree that your sense of style has blossomed quite nicely!

Paul said...

Hey my High School name is "Bishop Byrne" and remind me never to never "cheese" that way again for a picture.

Barry said...

yes, yes, yes, but what has the MICROWAVE been doing all this time?! Don't keep me in suspense!!! [nervously bites fingernails]

j/k ;)

Beth said...

I'm glad you had fun!

And I smiled at "Dawkinses'." You researched that well!