Friday, October 9, 2009

Those Duggars

Source: Discovery Health/MSN

David and I do not have cable, in fact our television still doesn't have a box installed. We flip on a movie ocassionally but neither of us are big TV watchers. Just never seems to fit into the schedule. If we had cable though, there's one show I'm pretty sure would make me a quick addict: 18 Kids and Counting

I find the Duggar family from Arkansas completely intriguing. I confess that I do indeed google them quite often. The latest news, of course, is the birth of their first grandbaby. Every time I read an article about them I learn something interesting....how to make home made laundry soap, fun free family activities, tater tot casserole recipes. They're the one reason I wish I had cable.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Laura. I now have cable. And it's FREE! You can come over and watch the Duggars any time you want. :) In fact, come over SOON. I miss you!

Candace said...

So... I use to not be a Duggar fan. I found them weird and annoying. I thought they gave christians a bad name until I watched a show. And now... I am as intrigued by this family as you are! 18 kids and one more on the way? Really? How does this woman stay sane?

Spencer and Kari said...

I know...we had cable in Lville because we had a deal with our internet, but we don't have it here and I miss watching TLC. But seriously after having only one baby I don't know how Michelle Duggar's body can take having 18, almst 19 babies. A lot of women rupture their uterus after so many children (especially in Africa)...God must have really blessed her is all i know! :)

Lori said...

I love the Duggars!!! They are an incredible christian family. I used to think they were weird too, and then I watched their show and now I just think they are amazing parents. The only thing I don't love is that they aren't apart of a local church, instead they have a home church. That's good, but I think their gifts would be great to have at a local church.

B Nettles said...

"they aren't apart of a local church,"

If this is true, it makes me wonder about some things.