Thursday, October 29, 2009

The trees are on fire.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
Albert Camus


Last autumn, we were intrigued by the expansion of fall colors from our Southern repertoire.

The locals told us it was a muted autumn though. We didn't have enough rain over the spring and summer.

This year we had more rain...but I didn't take too seriously their promise of more glory. As usual though, the locals were right.

This is the most spectacular fall I've ever seen! I unashamedly gawk at the trees as I walk along the streets, examining leaves and exclaiming wonder aloud. When every street looks like a crayon box, it's easy to get a little distracted by the beauty.






The more I see of this beautiful world, the more I notice that sometimes God is just down right showy in his display of splendor. I love it. The trees in Louisville are shouting praise.

5 comments:

Spencer and Kari said...

Beautiful pictures! Spencer and I talk about how much we miss Lville in the fall. We have pretty trees too, but not quite like Cherokee Park! :)

Candace said...

Beautiful! It makes our pretty trees look ugly.

Beth said...

I love that last picture!

Angie said...

It really was beautiful up there! One of the prettiest falls I've seen in years...sadly Memphis just isn't there.

Lee said...

Memphis girls-- Come check out this tree on Normandy. It is right by my house and I ran past it the other day. It is AMAZING!!!!!! Bursting with YELLOW! So if you're wondering where Memphis fall is, you can at least know that it is wrapped up in that one tree =) I like your picture taking skills, Laura. Can you help me out with that?!