Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A New List

I turned in my final book review for the semester and only have the exam left to take at this point. My one little class. David, on the other hand, is a different story. Still a few more weeks with his nose to the books.

In this new found freedom, I pulled out a list I've been making this semester of books I'd like to pick up when time permits. The list is longer than this...but these three may just be my Christmas break reading. I think Lee may have suggested Madeline L'Engle at some point...any other suggestions or affirmations?







And just because he's playing on my Pandora this morning, I want to let you know that I seriously think Jack Johnson is among the best lyricists of our time. When I stop to listen, I'm always amazed at the cleverness and clarity of interpreting our modern times in his songs. That comment was for free.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I love Madeline L'Engle and the Annie Dillard book is great. I read it in high school and loved it. Wish I had some time for fun reading...Brian is devouring books right now. I just have a few large, not so fun ones :)

Manda said...

I really like A Circle of Quiet. As much as I wanted to like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, I just found it depressing...

Since you're expecting, you might check out the book Expecting Adam. The author's worldview is very different from yours, but she has an amazing story and tells it very well. I've read it three or four times.