Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On the Road Again




This afternoon we making the 5 hour trek to my Mamaw's farm in the Tennessee hills. I am looking forward to a few hours in the country to see the starry sky and wake up to fresh air. Tomorrow her house will be stuffed to the brim - both with people and every good country dish imaginable. Thanksgiving is really the only holiday when almost all of my aunts, uncles and cousins still gather. I love it.

After a 1pm lunch, David and I will jump in the car and make the 2 hour trip to Memphis for a Dawkins Family Thanksgiving. David's dad prepares and carves the turkey (must be where David got his amazing turkey skills) and his mom cooks for days to ensure that not one thanksgiving delicacy is left off of the table. We are especially grateful that Lisa and Brad will be in Memphis at the same time we will be! A rare treat that makes us treasure holidays all the more this year!

The rest of the weekend holds some VERY exciting family events...more on that in days to come.

When I consider the families that God has so graciously placed us in, my heart is indeed overwhelmed with thanksgiving.

No comments: