Friday, December 4, 2009

New York, New York

Tomorrow morning while all you dedicated Memphis gals are lacing up your shoes for the St. Jude marathon, the Dawkins will be making their way to none other than New York City!!!

Since we move to Louisville two years ago I've been hinting (ok. maybe outright begging) for a trip to NYC. Somehow in my mind, Louisville is as far north as I think the Dawkins will ever live so it just makes sense to go from here. Right? In all my travels, I've somehow evaded this magnificent city save a stop over in their airport from which I glimpsed Lady Liberty several years ago. I thought we could just drive on over for a weekend. Somehow David (who would be the one in the driver's seat) didn't think that was such a great idea.

This fall Southwest ran a screamin' deal that we couldn't refuse and with little Dawkins about to change our lifestyle forever...my hints turned to reality just in time for us to see the city in all of its Christmas splendor!!!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

I am so excited for you guys! Praying for a safe trip for all "three" of you and an awesome time too! :)

brienne said...

i hope you guys have SO much fun! i LOVE nyc. i've always wanted to go to nyc at C'mas. when i was up there a month ago for the marathon they were putting up the decorations, etc. and it was great even then... i can't wait to get an update upon your return!

Anna said...

Have fun!!! Take lots of pictures and make sure to share them.

Mary Beth said...

Oh!!! You are going to have so much fun!! We just got back and had a blast!! We missed all the Christmas decoration by a couple of days, but they looked like they were going to be spectacular!! Have fun!!

Lori said...

Oh my goodness enjoy it. It is amazing!! Before we moved up there we went for the 1st time at this time of year and it is amazing. I love NY. Don't be scared of the subways. It is the best way to travel around. Let me know if you need any adive we spent a lot of time in ny while we were living in NJ.

Beth said...

We were just talking about making an NYC trip! You will have to talk to me about this Southwest deal you found and all the fun things you do whilst there. Have FUN! :)