Monday, December 14, 2009

Normal To Us.

Monday is here and I am thankful for the return of scheduled normalcy in my world. I think I've finally recovered from New York...though I could keep posting pictures about all the fun for a few more weeks!

David is pressing into a week long intensive course which necessitated a full social restriction to be placed upon me. Christmas cards are showing up in our mailbox (one of my faVorItE parts of the season). And I am in my 18th week of pregnancy. I have high hopes for these days. Besides a brief relapse after a 5:30am wake up call for a work related event, my trash can has remained firmly in place for well over a week now. With ole baby jumping around in there all the time, my stomach starting to poke out more and more, and my appetite returning with force, I'm finding new enjoyment in this second trimester.

My food of choice these days is pudding. I am eating a lot of pudding. Weird, huh? The doctor told me in David's presence that I need to up my protein intake. This means that my husband is now a meat-pusher. He takes every opportunity available to "encourage" me to eat meat and checks my plate with great praise after I've successfully finished some carnivorous treat. This I find very entertaining.

These are some of the happenings of our world.

Happy Monday to you.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I'm assuming your next appointment you guys will be able to find out the sex of the baby. Are you guys going to or do you want to be surprised?