Monday, December 28, 2009

Tis the Season

Life's a bit too busy these days for much blogging...but I wanted to put up a couple of Christmas pics from our time in Memphis with family.




Emma came wearing a dress that made her appear a tiny "Mrs. Claus" with her rosy cheeks and sweet little voice.



Nan Nan and Pop Pop with their adorable grandchildren. When I told Sam at dinner that he'd have a new little cousin in May who was growing in my stomach even now, he asked, in all seriousness, "Do you hear him crying in there sometimes?"

A rousing game of candy land with the Dawkins nephews before a delicious Christmas dinner.



A quick picture with "Grammar" at the end of the night...hence the slightly squinty eyes?


My favorite part of the celebrations? Once more my sister, David and I made the trek to the midnight Christmas Eve service at a local church. It is a newer tradition that we've adopted in the past few years. Each year at about 10pm I almost change my mind...but every year we press on and make the trek to the candlelit service. It's always refreshingly refocusing and a wonderful way to watch the clock turn to Christmas Day.


Twas a merry one.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your Christmas eve service is at midnight? Wow, that is hard core! Mine is at 7 p.m. I think I prefer that, although I can see what you mean about watching the clock. Miss you. :)