Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby Bump



I woke up one morning the week before Christmas and found that my clothes no longer fit me. It seemed that overnight a baby bump appeared - literally. The progression that began suddenly is now a slow and steady growth. Each morning I wake to find that I'm a little bigger. So far, I've only gained about 9 lbs since September but I have a feeling that number is about to jump drastically. David is, of course, encouraged by this new found growth (probably attributes it to my protein intake increase:). He's still doing his research on the internet and thinks I'm right on schedule. I love that hub of mine!



We had a check up right before Christmas and heard that sweet little heartbeat loud and clear once more. Ole Doc asked me what my diet looks like these days. I confessed after listing some other healthy selections that I was averaging 3-4 pudding cups per day. Seemed like a good way to fill the vapid void of a stomach I own until I was saying it to a doctor. He told me I'd probably want to cut that down to a max of one per day.

Seriously though, what is more convenient, delicious and filling when you're on the run than a good ole pudding cup? Ah well. I'm rationing them out now.



I've had a few nights of restlessness in the wee morning hours lately. Maybe God is preparing me for those long nights with a newborn? Last night I just couldn't stand the thought of lying awake for 3 hours. I'd noticed some long overdue cleaning that was needed on the table legs and chair frames of our kitchen table. What better time than 2am, right? I feel back to sleep around 4 or 5am...and the table is sparkling:)

For those who are wondering, we ARE going to find out if we are having a guy or gal. Our ultrasound is scheduled for January 20th...a little later than in most pregnancies. The only explanation I have for this is that we're pretty pragmatic about our student budget. We didn't meet our 2009 insurance deductible but will meet it in 2010 with the delivery. Everything rolls on January 1 so we delayed the ultrasound until our Jan appointment. It was a little easier on my super practical husband but even I had to agree...a few weeks less crafting and monogramming wasn't going to hurt anything:) Mark your calendars for the blog unveiling.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Oooh MY. You look fantastic! And don't you just love those urges to nest in the wee hours?!

Stacey Hays said...

So glad you made this post. You look great. I felt bad too when the doctor asked me what I was eating and I replied..Snickers. Needless to say she wasn't thrilled. Thankfully I didn't crave those for very long. I can't wait to hear what you guys are having. Oh, and get all of the rest you can get now : )

Brandi said...

YAY! The Bump! :) I am so excited...and you look beautiful as always! The cleaning mode is the first step of the "nesting" phase. Next you will be taking a load to the Goodwill...hehe! I absolutely cannot wait to see if baby is going to be a little Laura or little David. :) Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest...oh and by the way, pudding cups are DAIRY and judging by your photo they are made with NONFAT milk, so I say keep eating them. They are good for you!

amanda and bear said...

you look adorable!!!

Beth said...

Yay! I am glad to know I'm not the only one who gets up and cleans when she can't sleep. :) Except I'm not pregnant, which makes me strange. Sigh.

LOVE the picture. You're so cute!

Mary Beth said...

Laura!! You are one of the cutest pregnant people EVER!! I love your little bump. I hope all is going well!!

Spencer and Kari said...

You're halarious! I love pudding cups too. I'm happy to see your baby bump...do people tell you you don't look big enough all the time? Don't listen if they do...you look perfect. I had a lot of trouble sleeping as well except I wasn't productive like you! Last night I actually didn't get up out of the bed for the first time in 4 1/2 months (oh, she's still waking up at night...despite the all knowing 'Babywise' :) but Spencer took care of her for me cause I was determined not to feed her! Lots to look forward to :)

christy slocum said...

how cute you are!!! Miss you guys!
Christy