Tuesday, January 26, 2010

David's Senior Year


If graduate school had a Senior Year, today I'd be painting David's car with shoe polish.

His classes begin for his final full semester (if all goes as planned this year). He has one intensive class scheduled for this summer that will allow him to complete his last 3 hours.

When I excitedly told him this morning that I needed to get a picture to document his "senior year" he was...umm...hesitant.

I managed to snap one as he walked into class. Afterward he looked at me and said,

"You know, Laura, you tell me sometimes that I'm nerdy."

(Which I confess...on occasion, I do say. But not in an offensive way...just as a natural response to a husband who has a method for everything...from the dishwasher to how to fold his socks.)

"But I'm starting to wonder if you are the one who makes me nerdy. I feel pretty certain that taking a picture in front of the chapel with my backpack on crosses a line."

I almost stopped a professor and asked him to pose with David. I was glad I didn't.

6 comments:

Laurin said...

Laura, I say this to you knowing that you know I love the Dawkins dearly. You and David are a bit nerdy.
I love the post though!!!!

Stacey Hays said...

I would have done the same thing and I would have asked the professor too! Great post! Good luck to David on his "senior" year.

Anonymous said...

HA, that's hilarious!!!

sb

Spencer and Kari said...

haha! I love this post. I guess this is Spencer's senior year too...I hadn't thought of it. Since he's not on campus now though I can't take a picture of him by the chapel. Maybe I should take a picture of him with his computer (since he's doing online classes) and stacks of books around him :)

amanda and bear said...

Maybe he will appreciate the pic when he can show it to Jude. Excited for you both! Oh and at Mid-America they give the wives a diploma too. It is called, "Putting Him Thru". So this is your Senior year also, Lars! :) love you!

Lori said...

I love it!!! I think y'all are so stinkin adorable. I totally wish I had taken a pic of Dustin on his "senior year." What an exciting year you have ahead!!!