Thursday, January 14, 2010

high tech for the likes of me

I confess that yesterday I stayed on Wren's blog for at least 15 minutes listening to the Wicked soundtrack she had linked into her site. I love the Wicked soundtrack. But we don't own it. After I made a trip to Amazon for the soundtrack, I went to playlist.com. After much trial and tribulation, I sucessfully embedded a playlist (though I couldn't find the songs from Wicked I wanted) in the proper spot on my own blog.

Then I had second thoughts.

Generally speaking, I really like music on other peoples' blogs...but sometimes I find it a bit annoying as it overrides my Pandora stations. My feelings are mixed on the pros and cons.

Reader vote.

If you hate my new high tech addition, just say so. You'll probably sway me to remove it. Or, if you don't want to comment...I guess from now on you'll have to turn down your volume when you stop by.

We'll see how long my music phase lasts:)

8 comments:

Lee said...

I don't like too many surprises. When I come to someone's blog and suddenly music plays, I usually jump. I know, pretty pathetic. I feel like they just threw a song at me. The other thing is that sometimes I am trying to be quiet not to wake the baby and when suddenly a song pops into the atmosphere and I have to quickly turn the volume down, it's annoying. He probably can't hear it anyway though. With that said, it's up to you. It's your blog. And in this case, my volume was already turned down so I had no idea there was any music playing =) In the end, I do like reading in silence. But it is also nice to see what music people consider worthy of their blog.

Candace said...

I'm with Lee. It actually scares me sometimes because I'm not expecting it. However, that is when I'm reading my blogs at home. At school, my computer does not have speakers so it doesn't really matter whether you have music or not. I won't hear it because nap time at school is usually the only time I have to blog or read others.

Spencer and Kari said...

I think it sounds cool and sometimes I find new songs I've never heard before by reading blogs, but I'm pretty ADD and honestly it's hard for me to read with music playing sometimes. I'm with Lee...my volume was muted so I didn't know it was playing either :)

Robin said...

I'm actually not a fan of music playing blogs, but Lee's right, it's your blog and you can do what you want with it. I"ll just hit the mute button :)

Kelly Brasher said...

I love the song Gratitude. Unfortunately, it is hardly ever played on Christian radio, and, therefore, virtually unknown. And, that, I think is a shame. I fully support the added music, primarily because you have never directed me toward music I didn't like, i.e. anything by Sara Groves, Chris Rice, and Nichole Nordeman. Love you!

Beth said...

Now I hear it!

I vote no. I'd rather choose what and when music starts playing from my computer. But that's just me. :)

Stacey Hays said...

I agree with Lee. I (or the sleeping baby) usually jump when the music starts. However, I do like being able to see the name of the song being played, because it is usually something new I have never heard. It is your blog, so I say do what you like!

Wren said...

Laura,
This is too funny...I love having music on my blog, but I have to confess, my laptop is usually set to mute because I can't listen and read at the same time!! HA! So, it's really funny and ironic that I have music playing on my blog but I don't always listen to it!!

I will say I have been known to minimize fun musical blogs and listen to the fun music while I read emails, etc!!

Remember, people can choose to enjoy the music or they can choose to mute! So, play on!!!!