Tuesday, January 19, 2010

These days at the Dawkins house....

There's been quite a bit going on in the Dawkins house lately. Here's a little list in rough form:

1. Up until two weeks ago, David thought his classes started today. After another look at the school calendar and reassurance from Aaron, he realized that they don't start until next week. In celebration of 7 unanticipated days more of freedom, he took a week off from studying. We stayed up late, threw social restriction to the wind, and had a great time. I'll have to remember that week...for the next 3 months.

2. We had a visit from our dear Mississippi friend, Stacey B this weekend. It was indeed spur of the moment...I asked on a whim Tuesday in high hopes that she might say yes..and by Friday we were laughing in the yellow kitchen. I love that girl.



3. With her she brought enough Mississippi warmth to merit lunch on the porch on Saturday. It was much celebrated after weeks of frost. And...a good excuse to call other Mississippians for an afternoon of car washing and my new game love - Bananagrams.


4. Saturday night we went to hear my pastor's wife speak on suffering. She was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago while carrying her 4th child. Her testimony was such a blessed reminder of God's faithful goodness in every trial and joy. Her candor was humbling and helpful.

5. Afterward we made our way to the Boevings to watch the Colts secure yet another victory. David explained more of football to me...and I admit that I'm really looking forward to next week's game. Though I'm making headway, Stacey can attest to my....ummm...ignorance when it comes to all things Pro-Sport. I did indeed say "Stacey, if the Colts win this game and one more next week, they'll be in the World Series." Stop. I know it's the Super Bowl...it just came out World Series.

6. Stacey is a dedicated and talented crafter. She is honing her sewing skills and so we decided to undertake a project on Sunday afternoon with a few scraps I had. Doesn't she look professional?


What purse is complete without a little monogramming? eh? Due to a glitch in my machine, the pocket is not yet sewn...



7. After a farewell, I walked into the guestroom/dining room to fold up the air mattress. Stacey always so kindly leaves me some sweet gift when she stays at our house. This I found to be the cutest and most creative yet...not to mention useful!


8. Speaking of Baby Dawkins, in less than 24 hours we are scheduled for our first ultrasound! HOOORAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I can hardly wait!

9. We spent last night...and the wee hours of the morning painting baby's "room." We went with brown, primarily because my neighbor had a can leftover and offered it to us. It's pretty dark...but will soon be lightened by all that monogrammed decor I'm going to craft!

This terrible picture of me trying not to contaminate the baby while painting...was taken at 6:30am. We thought if we painted in the morning and then left the house I would be exposed less to the fumes? oh goodness. I hope there's not a law against painting while your preggo!



10. As a result of this painting adventure and a really fun weekend, our house in an ABSOLUTE disaster.

I think it's the blog trend to stick with the number 10 when making a list...so I'll bid farewell now!

3 comments:

Spencer and Kari said...

I feel honored....you are finding out the baby's sex on my birthday! :) Is the baby's room what was the red dining room? I bet that was a fun color to paint over!

Stacey Hays said...

We love bananagrams. Can't wait to hear if Baby Dawkins is a he or a she!

Tamara said...

I am so proud that you are learning about football...I have learned more than I ever wanted to know lately. And don't worry about the paint fumes. Plenty of pregnant moms paint baby rooms and do just fine. You and little Dawkins will be alright!