Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fun with the Followells

I admit it. I did a terrible job of taking pics this weekend when the Followells came for a visit. If you imagine that it might have something to do with the intimidation I feel when pulling out my little digital camera for a snapshot when a pro is standing by....well, imagine away. I wish I'd captured more though because we certainly had fun! I didn't even get a good picture of the two of them!

We spent Friday evening downtown at the Trolley Hop in the brisk wind where we discovered a great photography gallery. Long have I loved Ansel Adams. He captures the texture of nature in a way that honestly amazes me. Guess whose prints were hanging on the wall? How on earth do you acquire an Ansel Adams.

On Saturday we got a late start...due to the necessity of the gym immediately followed, ironically enough, by the enticement of Phlen's Bakery. That afternoon we headed off to Cincinnati to see what fun might await us. Upon arrival,we introduced them to Graeter's French Pot ice cream and visited the Gaslight district where we discovered that CATS was on stage at the famous Arnoff Center. We managed to get 1/2off rush tickets before the show and found an incredible little diner called "Maybury" in downtown (compliments of Urban Spoon:) to rest our feet.


None of us had seen CATS so we weren't sure what to expect. I wouldn't say it ranked up there with Wicked or Les Miserables but it was fun to see and we were quite grateful for the coincidence!



There was a bit of snow on the ground for their stay...and we took great delight in watching the Southerners frolic about in it. I hear this winter even the South has gotten it's share of snow now though.

We were so grateful for another February get together with the Followells...it was sad to see them go. Their friendship is much treasured.

No comments: