Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Puritan Paperbacks

After much mental debate, I decided to enroll in another class this semester. I am hopeful that Jude won't decide to make an early appearance...during exam week. To be honest, the knowledge that this will most likely be our final semester on a Seminary campus has been quite motivating to me. I've learned a lot since we first moved to Kentucky. BUT that knowledge has only pointed to all I do not know. As our departure nears, I want to glean all that I can.

I am in a different counseling class this semester, under the same professor. I really think he may have memorized the Bible. The whole thing.

Through this class and another wives class I am taking one evening a week, the themes of my semester seem to be spiritual disciplines and Puritan literature.

A few books on my ever growing reading list:




6 comments:

brienne said...

Valley of Vision has long been one if my favorite books and I can't recommend it enough! It stays VERY near the place where I spend time with the Father. The beauty is it's not a book you read right through and one prayer privudes enough meditation for days on end. I pray one day my heart naturally bursts forth in prayer and my life in return mirrors the God glorifing Christ exalting prayers in this little book of prayers. This is saying a lot but by far it ranks in MY top 5 books of all time!!

Katharine said...

Valley of Vision is always on the nightstand :)

Spencer and Kari said...

You are one brave woman taking classes! Glad you are feeling up to it. We use Puritan Prayers from the Valley of Vision almost weekly at church.

Elizabeth and Drew said...

Well it looks like a few people have already commented on it, but I will still say the Valley of Vision is a great book! This was actually a great reminder for me to get it out and start praying through it again. Thank you!

Lee said...

Have you read anything by John Angell James?

Beth said...

I have VoV, but I regret that I haven't read much of it. This inspires me!