Monday, February 22, 2010

Quiche & Crafts

This weekend I had a little time to make one of my favorite recipes. Even David likes it....though quiche might generally be deemed unmanly:)



Weight Watcher's Spinach Quiche

1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
10oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 deep dish pie crust, baked (10min) and cooled

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Whisk the milk, cottage cheese, Parmesan, eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper.
3. Place the pie plate on a baking pan, spread spinach over crust, pour filling over the spinach.
4. Bake 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350 and back until filling is set, 30-45 minutes longer.
5. Let cool about 10 minutes before serving.

Hubs left for a quick work related trip early on Sunday. In his absence and in honor of a friend who is due a month before me, I crafted these little onesies for her shower.

No, I didn't sew the onesie....just added the E for sweet baby Elizabeth. I've seen this project before primarily with little flower cut outs and other things so I was excited to try my hand at it. I admit that I couldn't resist making one with a J in green just to get some extra practice:)

6 comments:

Jeff Walters said...

There is absolutely nothing unmanly about a pie made with eggs, bacon, butter, etc. Nothing at all.

Beth said...

Super cute!

Laurin said...

Love the onsies! Going to try to that quiche!

Laura Young said...

looks yum. I myself am a major quiche fan but unlike your hubs mine won't touch it. Kudos to David on that. Oh, and I love the name! And am impressed with the onesies. And you look great. I think that's all the compliments that went through my head as I was catching up on your posts... but there may have been more. Hope the last trimester goes quickly.

Valerie said...

Hi Laura! I can't even remember how I stumbled on your blog today, but I'm glad I did! We have a 4 mo. old baby boy and they are SO MUCH FUN - I'm so excited for yall! Glad you're doing well!

Kari Plevan said...

The quiche looks delicious!! And of course the onesies are adorable too.