Thursday, February 25, 2010

Story Weaver



I've been looking forward to today for a few weeks...Andrew Peterson was the guest musician in chapel. He is undoubtedly among my favorite song writers of all time. My first exposure to him was several years ago when I discovered his cd Behold the Lamb. It is a ballad-like interpretation of the coming of Christ. I took my lunch hour to sit in on a few minutes of a lecture he gave after chapel...and walked back to my desk wishing for a longer hour.

It was good to think for a few minutes. And to be perfectly honest, not to think in relation to Puritan writers or lofty Seminary theologians, but to think with an artist. It was good to remember that God wrote creation in a story...and that the story continues on. I love coming across old, familiar truth and being reminded of something I hadn't even known I'd forgotten.

"You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told."
Psalm 40:5
Our Father is an indescribably creative Author.



Just a little side note to you Louisvillians...there's a concert tomorrow night at 8. Student tickets are just $5. You won't regret it.

No comments: