Friday, February 12, 2010

An Update on Pregnancy




Next Saturday, I’ll start my third trimester. Time is flying!

My taste buds are crazy. Most food tastes like salt. Even pudding cups are losing their luster.

I took a break from strawberries, but they’re making a strong come back.

I had my first dream about Jude’s birth. I suspect this was in response to a rather scarring night in our child birth prep class during which we talked about epidurals.

In total, I’ve gained about 19lbs.

I cry more than usual and feel that I may have regressed back into adolescence.

Doc says Jude’s measuring in the 90th percentile right now. We think he may be a “husky” baby.

My current sleep pattern includes a 1-2 hour break each night. I recently discovered that Andy Griffith comes on at 3:30am…along with a number of other unbelievably trashy programs.

I've been feeling a rythmic beat off and on lately. I wondered if I was feeling his heartbeat...which seemed strange. Today I read that I may be able to feel his hiccups now. That's cute. I am feeling baby hiccups.

A blood hound has nothing to me on sense of smell. Poor David often has to remove objects and food items from the room.

Speaking of hubs, he’s holding up wonderfully. His man symptoms are completely under control at this point. He’s a steady rock in the world of a pregnant woman.

I really can hardly wait to meet the little guy.

9 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

I am so glad that everything is going well! I remember the first time I thought I might be feeling Eleanor hiccup. I thought she was punching me in the side. She hiccuped all the time...and still does.

Laurin said...

UMM...BEAUTIFUL pic, Laura! You are probably feeling hiccups! Isn't it neat????

Dad-o said...

Your baby bump is getting quite noticable and you have such a glow about you.

greatishisfaithfulness said...

Love the precious picture. And I love baby hiccups and feeling them move around. What a miracle!

Beth said...

Beautiful picture! Can't wait to meet him. :)

Katharine said...

lovely

vbgray said...

You look so great, Laura. Pregnancy is amazing! (And parenting is even moreso!!)

Emily said...

Ahh, Laura, what a beautiful pregnant girl you are! I love it! One of my favorite things in this world is a sweet baby belly!!! I'm glad you're doing well, this is such an exciting season for y'all! Enjoy it as much as you can! (sometimes hard to do in the middle of the night!) =)

Lee said...

you are one pretty momma