Monday, May 17, 2010

At Least I'm Not Bored....

My sweet mother's been in town for three full days...patiently waiting and keeping me occupied while David's throwing mulch at Home Depot. This means a number of things.

1. We've had some fabulous dining experiences. On Saturday night, she took us out for her anniversary. We were fortunate enough to get into Le Gallo Rossa without a reservation and apparently ate alongside a star from the Sopranos. None of us watch the show...so that wasn't quite as thrilling as the incredible Italian cuisine. Havana Rhumba has quickly joined her favorite list as well.



2. We've been shopping. Thankfully, the temptation to buy clothes for a little boy isn't quite as fierce as it would be were Jude a little girl. Nonetheless, we wandered into Janie and Jack today and couldn't resist....



3. I've been learning about the latest technological advancements. Impressively enough, my mom knows more about what's up and coming in the tech world than her 30 year old daughter. I perused the Apple store today for what I believe was the first time.

4. I now know a bit about the process of glass blowing. My mom, who at some point in her life has tried most art forms successfully, is a great companion. She is always up for hitting museums and craft exhibits. Saturday we went Glassworks down on Market Street. Sadly, I left my camera at home. It was amazing!

5. If Jude doesn't come soon...there's no telling what tomorrow holds! I love my mom:)

3 comments:

amanda and bear said...

Aww...seems like you have been spending some good quality time together. I am praying and anxiously waiting...love you, buddy!

Spencer and Kari said...

Ok, if Jude hasn't come yet you have to take your mom to go eat at Kashmir. Spicy food will help induce labor and I know you love Indian food :)

Beth said...

Did you love the Apple store?! :)