Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dear Hubs

Hubs has been quite busy over the past few weeks. For once, though, it's not with school work. This is the first summer/winter break in 2.5 years that he's not enrolled in an intensive class. With only one class left, he's opting to take it online in the fall to finish up for the December graduation.

In his leisure time?

He's still reading. This week, while I've been reading a novel, David has been faithfully carrying around What To Expect The First Year. In the evening, he lets me know what to expect regarding sleep duration, diapering, and a wide variety of other baby related topics.



He's also faithfully tending his tomato plants. Every time it rains, he looks up at the sky, smiles, and says "This is great for my tomato plants. Rain can get deeper than just watering, Laura." Our neighbor, Mr. Bob, has quite the garden this year. Sometimes I catch David looking longingly across the fence. Thankfully, David and Mr. Bob (who's been gardening 2x longer than David's been alive) are friends and we often share in the bounty of his skill.

3 comments:

The Hutton Family said...

Laura, tell David that my husband has probably around 10,000 tomato plants. If he needs any advice, which he probably does not because he is so cool, Samuel loves sharing. So excited to hear about your little arrival.

Lee said...

That is super cute. When is your official due date, by the way?

Kimberly Kitchens said...

Ok, I am so ready to meet little Jude!!! I am off till Monday night, but I will be looking for you next week :) I hope that you are doing well and getting some rest.