Thursday, June 3, 2010

No More Cankles



About three months ago, I looked down and discovered that I'd lost my ankles. They had been replaced by puffy cankles that poked out of my shoes.

After the delivery, to my dismay, they grew larger. I asked the nurses and they assured me it was quite normal. I wondered if I would ever see my ankles again.

This week, I've been staring in wonder at my ankles. They've returned. I'd almost forgotten that I had ankles and was resigning myself to a lifetime of cankles.

Welcome back to my ankles.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Laura! the same thing happened to me! If they start to swell again, you can sleep with them up on a pillow- that's what I did and it drained it all away!

Katharine said...

Well, that was fast! Hope you are doing well!

Kari Plevan said...

This post makes me smile. Enough said.