Wednesday, June 16, 2010

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'



In one short month, we’ll be loading up all of our worldly possessions and heading to Memphis.

Bitter sweet is the best way to describe my thoughts on this move.

I love our friends in Louisville, our cozy apartment, our wonderful church, and quite honestly, the city itself.

But we all know that there’s no place like home….parents around the corner, Jude’s Aunt Lindsey, friends who’ve known us for the better part of 20 years, and streets that don’t require a GPS to navigate.

Memphis. Here we come.

4 comments:

Laurin said...

Oh goodness. While many Memphians are grinning ear to ear a/b this, these Memphians are dreading the day your boots walk away from Louisville. = * (

amanda and bear said...

I have been praying for you, as you pack up. I have to say, I am really looking foward to some good buddy time! :)

The Labontes said...

Laura--I would love to see you guys this summer. We live one street from Drew and fam. Our baby is due a week from today! Hope the move goes smoothly.
Love,
Marjo

Rachel said...

I am going to miss you Laura! Let me know when you come back to visit Louisville. I would love to see you!