Friday, May 27, 2011

Lichterman Nature Center


I don't think I've set foot inside the Lichterman Nature Center since about 1990. But, when I heard about this deal for a free trial membership (sign up by May 31), I decided it was time to re-visit.



Jude and I spent an hour or so there yesterday, traipsing along the marsh trail (ok, really I was chasing him along the marsh trail and praying he wouldn't fall into the water)....



knocking on the glass of the sparrow's house, and staring in wonder at the museum animals...




...and encountering a bit of wildlife at every turn.



Pack yourself a picnic (and maybe a little bug spray) and head on over! It's worth a visit!

2 comments:

Jeff Walters said...

Cool! I volunteered out there way back in the 80s -- helped build lots of those trails. Do you remember the old house? Can't recall when it burnt down.

Stacey Hays said...

So glad you posted this. I wasn't sure if it was little kid friendly.