Thursday, July 14, 2011

Let Not Your Heart



For the most part, all of this garage sale-ing, packing, and paring down has been easier than I anticipated. There's a sweet freedom in letting go of things. It's a good discipline for my heart. This stuff is not what we're made of and not what we're living for.

But this week, we moved Jude's furniture out of his room. It was the crib that I slept in as a baby and I've delighted in a year of tucking my little man away in it. Now it has an appropriate home at my sister's house in anticipation of Josie Jane. It would have gone there anyways, but losing it in the midst of an empty house perhaps made it more emotional.

One verse in particular has given me a great measure of comfort as we've sold, stored and given away most of our household. It is the rightful hope of every believer. And it's worth pondering. There is a home being built for us, one that will be established forever.


Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:1-2 nasb

1 comment:

theber said...

Laura, I loved your post. I well remember seeing Graydon's toddler bed, and then Ian's crib, go out the door. Thanks for the reflection on the real home that is being prepared! (Bethany M.)