Sunday, April 8, 2012

celebrating


Today has been a day of celebration.



And let's be honest, as a young mom, it's been a day of added work. Food to prepare, that early worship service to attend, etc...and all the while I've been trying to turn my mind toward Jesus.

It's been a day of giving in little ways to the little people in my house. The reflection of the cross has been more glorious, more amazingly stunning, more powerful in my heart in the midst of the little things. Self-giving was so perfectly exemplified for me in Christ. He took on death. sin. despair. wrath. He bore it. And he conquered it. By his stripes, we are healed.

And by the same power that raised Jesus from the dead...I can live this new life in Christ. Good news. Gospel news.


Praise God. He is risen indeed.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Easter blessings to your family! The family photos are great. Missing you all.

Love, The Gatewoods