Monday, April 30, 2012

Hello, Monday.

Last week was quite a week for us. By Friday, we were ready to lock ourselves inside our apartment, crank up the air-conditioning and watch American movies. We didn't do that (at least not for long) but I admit that I'm glad we get to start over this week. It's amazing what a few extra naps, laughs, and chocolate oatmeal cookies can bring to a victim of culture shock, huh?

Here are a few things from our weekend:

1. Silas took his first steps on American soil...at the US Embassy, that is. The passport is in progress and before too long, he should be a legal. Right now I think he's drifting somewhere in between Asian and American.


2. Ready for summer, girls? I am. I bought my first asian bathing suit. David assured me that, just this once, a swimsuit pic on the blog was ok.


I'm not joking. This is what 90% of my neighbors consider appropriate swimwear. I'll be donning it at the pool with Jude. I must admit it was a much easier purchase than in years past....my options being what they were.

3. On Saturday we had lunch with some friends. They're from up north, so the food was delicious...and ever so mild compared to the local spice.

Their 2.5 year old nephew was there. He and Jude hit it off. Apparently, the 2.5 year old wrestles with his dad frequently. On several occasions, he had Jude pinned. Jude was a little unsure what was going on. David was trying to coach Jude into showing a little more aggression.

Jude's response to this exhortation was to start kissing the other kid.


Needless to write, David's taken the lad in hand and this weekend has seen a bit more rough-housing than usual.

4. On the agenda for this week? Not blogging my friends. We're heading to the hill country for a few days of intensive language study. Starting tomorrow, I'm hitting pause:) I'm sure we'll have a few stories to tell upon our return.

7 comments:

Claire said...

Wow...that "bathing suit" looks like (almost) a regular outfit here! You are styling. :-) Hope your week goes well.

staceyb said...

I'll miss your posts. :)

Laura it DOES NOT look like you had a baby last month. You look great sister.

I really like your bathing suit. seriously. i wish americans would get the full body suit fever.

Katharine said...

my kind of swim suit! you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

love the swimsuit! for a split second i was like "what about tan lines?!" and then i realized...the appropriate dress code won't be problamatic for the tan lines :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. last comment was from me :) BJerkins

and i agree with above-you look fabulous for having a newborn!!

It's Me, Jess said...

I think I'd feel much more comfortable in a suit like that than the ones we have here! You do look awesome in it:)

Beth said...

That bathing suit is hilarious. I love it! And you do look fabulous!

I also smiled at "needless to write." :) Miss you, friend. Love you.