Thursday, April 5, 2012

preparing


We're preparing for the celebration of the resurrection this weekend. Gathering the items for the seder dinner, reading the story, humming the hymns. There's a helpful guide for a Seder dinner on Ann Voskamp's website...along with some other great ideas and resources. Just wanted to share:)


We raise glasses and toast. And there’s the answer as to why we keep Passover.

Keeping Passover isn’t about keeping laws and regulations.

Keeping Passover isn’t about keeping our burdens.

Keeping Passover isn’t about keeping some empty, meaningless customs.

On the night of four questions, the answer murmur clear in the stream of time: Keeping Passover is about keeping our way on The Way.

Passover is about keeping something worth preserving: emblems pregnant with the fulfillment of the New Covenant.

Passover is about the questions that keep time to the beat of our children’s heart:

Why am I here?

What does all of this living really mean?

Where am I headed?

When will I be all that I am to be?

And this story, His story, His three-thousand-year-old Passover story has answers, told on a quiet evening in spring when the trees are budding under nesting birds.

When all the rivers run alive and swift and on forever, free…


www.annvoskamp.com

3 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and all about your many adventures in India! My sister actually got me started reading it. We went to Bellevue throughout jr high and high school, and I kinda know David- he probably has no idea who I am, but I remember him from church. I think his sister led a Sunday school class or something like that.

I have a 22 month old son, and am due with our second (a girl) in June, so I've really, really enjoyed reading your ups and downs and everything else related to motherhood and also life in a foreign land.

My husband was actually born and raised in Mumbai, and immigrated to the US about 10 years ago, so I can totally relate to your foreign "adventures". I have alot of respect for you (even though I don't think we've ever met...maybe a long, long time ago at Bellevue or ECS) and Im even slightly jealous of your courage and how well you have adapted. Are you guys in Mumbai? Im sure that info is somewhere on your blog, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks for being an inspiration. I look forward to your future posts!

Regards,
Melissa Allen Jadhav

Anonymous said...

Oh and Im sure she wouldn't mind me sharing this- my sister's blog is bellaloha.wordpress.com/

I can totally relate to having a loved one be literally an ocean away. I pray every day that God will bring us sisters together again!

Are you guys in India for an extended period?

-Melissa