Thursday, May 10, 2012

dahi delight


I love Dahi. (a.k.a. plain yogurt) My neighbors buy it in bulk. It's taken me a while to warm up to it, but now I'm hooked. From this little carton, I can make sour cream for Mexican night, cream cheese for icing,and a tomato and lemon pepper curd to cut the spiciest of curries. Recently, I discovered that I can add it to a roux and get an incredible enchilada sauce. We're talking spectacular.

And since we're on the subject of substitutes, probably to her dismay, I am now using my dear helper's chapati to make the above mentioned enchiladas. yum.


Who knew I could get so much from something so small:)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

you should make a cookbook of all your recipes with special subtitutes:) I'd buy it!!!

JulieAnn said...

Laura, how do you make cream cheese from that?? I would love to know how!