Wednesday, May 16, 2012

mango surgery

We love mangos. Mango season is all the bliss our neighbors told us it would be. David and I average 1-2 large mangos per day, per person. My main bone to pick with mangos though: in my opinion, there's really no good way to eat them. There's always mango in your teeth, mango on your hands, mango on your face.

Until now.

Recently, a friend introduced us to mango surgery. Apparently, he learned the cutting technique from a surgeon friend of his. Slice through the core. Twist. Separate the halves. Then, surgically remove the remaining mango pit.

The result?

A beautiful, neat & tidy mango bowl.


I hope this revolutionizes your world as much as it has mine.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Very excited about this tip. I can't wait to try it out. I love mangos, but I always dread cutting them.