Thursday, June 28, 2012

faint heart





























Jude and David flew away this morning.

Silas and I are staring four long, lonely days in the face.

Jude is having a small out patient surgery tomorrow.  Nothing serious, but there's anesthesia, hospitals, doctors, and no momma by his side. It made sense for him to go to another city. The care is better.  Practicality suggested that David should take him, and I should hold down our little fort.  But practicality and feeling aren't always friends, right?

Last night I was on my way out for one last jog before entering four days with no baby break. Tears were welling up.  I was seriously considering throwing the plan to the wind and catching the night train with Silas so we could be there for the surgery. Just when my heart was feeling more than a little faint, the song changed on my shuffle and these words came blaring through:
His grace is sufficient for me, though I am weak, He is strong.  
His grace is sufficient for me. 
It is indeed sufficient.  For times of plenty and times of want.  For times when things feel safe, and times when they feel a little out of control.  His grace is sufficient.

If you think of it, say a little prayer for us to our very big God.

We are feeling faint hearted.  Thankfully, He is strong.

2 comments:

staceyb said...

You just keep singing that song...and I'll sing it too. And we'll both remember and be comforted because it will ALWAYS be true. LOVE you.

Shannon said...

Covering your family in prayer right now. So very thankful that when we are faint-hearted, our Lord is not. Praying that He will give you power and strength and grace to get through this difficult time of separation from your boys.

Isaiah 40:28-29
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint,and to him who has no might he increases strength.