Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Who made Jude?


Recently, I printed off the shorter westminster catechism for children.  We're taking it in baby bites with out lunch each day.  So far, I've been surprised how much the little man can learn in 2 minutes over a peanut butter and honey sandwich.  Here's a little sampling of our progress so far.  As you can see...it's not without a bit of help:) 





MOM-Note: Let me just make a note here that "spiritual training" is hardly my strong point.  I don't want you to think we're memorizing books of the Bible and singing all 40 stanzas of A Mighty Fortress around here.  We're not.  I peek in on blogs sometimes and think...'oh, wow.  i am sooo far from that kind of mom.' Then I usually feel guilty for a few days. To prevent an eruption of mom-guilt in some heart out there, I just want to say that this video is exciting to me because it's not something I've done a lot of up to this point. It  is an area I want to grow in though...and I am finding these little questions tacked to my fridge are a helpful resource.  Hope you're encouraged...

...and get as good a laugh out of that last line as I did!


1 comment:

Claire said...

I love this! Kate has been getting excited about reading her Bible stories and though she doesn't get all of it, I told David yesterday (when she was very obviously distracted by the picture of the oh so exciting snake instead of God being sad that Adam (or Alvin!) and Eve disobeyed Him) that she gets some of it. Pray that God prepares their little hearts to hear Him and love Him.