Thursday, July 5, 2012

american summer


























This week my menu has been an unintentional tribute to what I think of as summer foods in America.  Perhaps a slightly subconscious attempt to partake of the 4th from afar.  One of the meals I stumbled upon as an afterthought in a hurry one night.  It's joining our A-list for quick and easy meals though.

Add a bit of ranch dressing mix (which Grammar keeps in good supply at our house via the post:) and a splash of milk to chopped chicken breast and heat until cooked or, if you like to pre-cook your chicken & store in the freezer like me, until thawed. A toasted burger bun, fresh tomato, cheese and mustard served alongside some homemade salsa.

Tastes like an american summer to me!


1 comment:

S and K said...

I don't know if you have the ingredients to make your own ranch drsg packet (in case you ever run out :)) but I got this recipe from pinterest

Ranch:
5 tablespoons dried minced onions
7 teaspoons parsley flakes
4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix together and store in an air tight container.

For dressing: Mix 2 tablespoons dry mix with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream.
For dip: Mix 2 tablespoons dry mix with 2 cups sour cream.

Mix up a few hours before serving, so the flavors all blend.