Friday, September 7, 2012

fall flavor

Though the temperatures have been pleasant since the rains set in, it's unlikely I'll see any red and yellow leaves for a few years at least.  I'll content myself with a bit of fall cooking for now.

I confess that hitherto I've always used a chili starter when cooking a hearty pot of goodness.  But here in the land of all-scratch cookery, I've ventured into seasoning myself.

Here's a little recipe (a bit modified) from food.com that supplies my fall flavor these days.  



Chili Powder (Pot of 4-6 servings)

Happy Fall! 

2 comments:

amanda and bear said...

Mmmmm... chili sounds good right now, even if it is about 100 degrees here!
I was just thinking this week...do you want some spices or a can or two of pumpkin? I started thinking of your Christmas package already.
Oh, and I can remember if I emailed you, but thanks so much for Fancy Nancy. It's a sweet book!

BOBD said...

THANKS FOR POSTING ALL THE DAILY ACTIVITIES.I ENJOY THE PICTURES AND THE MESSAGE. WAS 98 DEGREES HERE YESTERDAY AND IS 82 DEGREES TODAY FOLLOWING THE RAIN AND COOL FRONT LAST NIGHT.