Monday, September 24, 2012

the heritage half



Yesterday David ran the Old City Heritage Half Marathon in our city.  It highlighted the historic sights in the city.  (The tombs above were built in the 1500s.) With Grammar and Pop along to help with the boys, we went downtown to cheer him on.  All the crowd support must have done some good, he finished in 1hr 38min.  Way to go, hubs! 







After the race, we stopped in at the fort, along the race route, for a better look. Jude and Silas are eager to show Grammar and Pop all the sights of the city this week! 






More to come on their adventures together!

5 comments:

Laurin said...

You look so pretty, Laura = ). Can you send me a pair of those pants? Or is it a skirt? Way to go David! Wow~awesome time! I got a few tears seeing that those dear Dawkins are there. Enjoy!

amanda and bear said...

Way to go David! Great Job!!!

Salter327 said...

1 hr and 38 minutes, holy smokes!! Glad you all are still able to get some half marathons in from around the world. Enjoy your family time!

Linz said...

yay!!1

Annie said...

awesome! I recently ran my 1/2 in 2 hours and 25 minutes! LOL... I need to step up my pace! I'm slow!