Wednesday, October 3, 2012

six


1. Our neighbors are just wrapping up a 10 day festival to Ganesh, the elephant headed god of fortune and wisdom.  There have been elephants everywhere.  As usual with asian festivities...it was loud and long! The festival ended with all the clay idols being immersed into area lakes.  

Next on our city calendar...a massive conference on biodiversity and environmental issues. 

Ironic, huh? 

2. This weekend, hubs and I celebrate 5 fabulous years of marriage! I can't believe it! 


3. HAve I ever mentioned to you how grateful I am that we have a car now? I am.  The primary reason: carseats. My ride time is so much more peaceful, I just can't put it into words. I admit that locals gazed into our windows in utter amazement. After a year in country, I've never seen one asian child riding in a car seat. I'm not sure they even know what they are!  


4. Jude's into pony tails these days. Don't worry.  This is an indoor activity only. 


5. I just so happened to reach Job in my yearly reading plan (the one that's taken me 2 years) at just the same time that Yancey's Where Is God When It Hurts arrived on my doorstep.  Deep waters to wade through, but it has been such a good journey for me. 

 6. Yesterday was a rainy day.  And we were sad because Grammar and Pop flew away.  So we went crazy and did all sorts of weird things to pass the time.....






Happy Wednesday to you! 


No comments: