1. The biggest new news on the Dawkins front is the arrival of our little niece. Yes. After six Dawkins blood grandsons, a little girl finally made her way into the mix. David's mom is happy, happy. We all are. Here's to the new era of pink!
2. We found a new hiking spot this weekend. It's just a skip, hop and jump outside of the sprawling city limits and we couldn't be happier. It'll definitely be a Saturday morning repeat!
3. I hate to write this. But another new year means David and I are a little bit older. The evidence: Hubs has been immobilized for half the weekend. He had a bit of a crick in his neck before the hike. Two hours of carry a toddler on his shoulders and it turned into a full fledged ice pack filling, bengay rubbing, neck pillow using, emergency. He's still on the mend today but much better.
4. I'm starting a new late December tradition: strawberry freezing. These little jewels are at their peak right now and as I learned last year, in about 6 months I'll be wishing I'd been more like the ant and stored up food. Here come smoothies!
5. And how will we be celebrating the new year? Once again our apartment community is hosting an all-out bash. I'll be wearing my party clothes and eating curry tonight in the park. Pictures to come!
Happy New Year's Eve!