1. Hubs brought home some curry for lunch this week from a street stall. A grand total of 50c for one pumpkin & one cabbage curry. Nobody got sick, and it was actually pretty tasty! Definitely a repeat on our table.
2. It rained. And within an hour, the temperature dropped 20 degrees. When it's 110, that's a big, stinkin' deal! The heat isn't over yet, but by mid-June it should be on it's way. We won't be sorry to see it go!
3. These are the final days of "summer break" in our world. Jude will return to preschool in mid-June. I confess that I'm running out of ideas for creative ways to occupy that curious little man. Today, he's been telling me a knock-knock joke:
Me: Who's there?
Jude: I am.
That 3 year old of mine is on his way to a profound sense of humor.
In other news, last night Jude took a tumble down a ramp at the electronic shop. He had an egg on his forehead by bedtime. Today, he's happily sporting an angry birds bandaid front and center.
4. My treasured SLR camera is malfunctioning. I am sad. We've seen a lot of good days together. Until I either get it sorted out, or replaced...you'll probably not be seeing much of Silas unless it's in blur. That kid cannot sit still long enough for a cell phone shot.
5. Hubs and Jude are going through some sort of man-bonding phase. Jude is at a stage where he just loves to hear us tell stories. So David's been breaking out his repertoire of jungle memories from his days in the wild of Peru. Combine this with a recent acquisition of The Jungle Book movie and the result is a little boy who talks incessantly about shooting monkeys, walking through jungles, living in the man-village and building houses with his bare hands. I guess it had to happen sooner or later.