1. Today was the half way mark in my intensive linguistics course. I know enough about bilabial and back velar articulation to last me a life time. It's seriously been a profitable class. Maybe one day, ten years from now, I'll be as fluent as fluent can be. And all these steps along the way will feel worth it. Right now, let's be honest….I'm ready for a break.
2. Jude has a "Poetry Competition" at school on Friday. We're
3. Silas's teacher sent home a notice that he is also requested to recite a short poem. Um. Silas doesn't really talk. A poetry competition!? I'll let you know how it goes.
4. David is manny-of-the-year. He made a broccoli quiche this week that was ah-mazing. He's tackling with gusto that long list of house projects that piled up over the summer.
5. Why all the projects to complete? Well, friends, if all goes as planned, four months from this week we will be on a plane to America. We'll be hugging those grandparents and eating Thanksgiving dinner with actual turkey. There's a lot of space between here and there but we certainly feel the window closing. It's hard to believe we've been on this journey for three years. God's grace has been sufficient for us.
I really will write something a bit pensive and serious soon. There's more stirring in my brain than I have energy to output. For now, that's what's up around here this Wednesday!