Monday, December 1, 2014

It's a….

It's a(nother)…..BOY!!!!



Sometimes instincts are wrong.  Up until the moment the ultrasound tech pointed to the screen, I was convinced this baby was a girl.  I had the pink room planned in my head.  The name picked.  The hairbows ready to purchase. David and I both felt pretty surprised.  We felt so sure. In the end though, there's really no need to break with tradition at this point, right?

The brothers have been rooting for a boy all along.  They are beyond excited.

I admit I had to take a deep breath.  Energy.  Another little bundle of energy.  More wrestling.  More running and jumping. More perilous stunts and bouncing balls.  I'm not sure I have the stamina for this. Then I saw that sweet face. I love boys.  I love being a boy mom. I love that I'm married to a man who, in a confused world, knows what it means to be a man and is instilling that in his boys.

Children are a gift from God.

We are grateful.

3 comments:

Kelly Brasher said...

I love boys! Baby boys, little boys, and now, big boys. I still say it out loud at random times. When my two are laughing hysterically at totally goofy things. When Quinten hugs me with every ounce of his weight. (We call him the 'leaner'). When both of them, one 22 and one 19, still sit at the end of our bed to tell us something that can't possibly wait until tomorrow...at 11:30. PM! I say it even then. I love boys...We are blessed...Congratulations!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!!! With a little boy who will be 1 in just a few short days…my heart goes out to you for energy. The Lord will give it to you. And just think, by raising boys well you will reap a harvest of fabulous daughter-in-laws in the future! Put some pink in your room and bows in your hair and love those boys with all you have.

Robert and Kim said...

I was pretty shocked at our ultrasound when we found out we were having a third girl - I just knew I was carrying a busy little boy in there! But when you're on a roll, there's something sweet about keeping it going :) Congratulations to you all!!