Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Hardest Peace

A friend brought me The Hardest Peace by Kara Tippetts over New Year's. I have been holding back tears in airports and on meeting room couches all week in the midst of her story. The story of a young mother battling cancer, it is a book about grace, abundant and rich, in the midst of suffering. 



If you read just one book this year, consider this one. Truth shapes the story and even amid the suffering, it is full of beauty. 

"Before cancer, I waited on the big moments of life while trying to faithfully live through the small. That living feels foreign to me now. I now live in the large, open grace of the small moments and humbly expect the big moments to come. I may be in them, I may not.... The small moments have become enormous." - K. T.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I read that book a couple months ago! I agree, it was so good!