Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday Tidbits

We are loving ice-land around here. Though I admit we were glad to see the driveway melt this afternoon and finally make an escape from the house to the grocery.  Here are a few tidbits from our life lately.

1. These brothers have been ice skating, ice sledding and just generally enjoying the change of weather.  It's been so fun to see them enjoying themselves.  I admit that we'll be glad when things start to warm up again, but it's been the winter wonder they've been hoping for since we landed in America.


2. For the most part, David has been on duty outside.  I don't particularly want an ER visit over a big preggo fall on ice.  This morning I took them out for a bit though and sat in the driveway while they made their own fun.  Jude took up the task of sled bearing. 



3. In the wake of the ice fall, I failed to mention what a truly fantastic Valentine's we had around here.  There were plenty of balloons and all sorts of chocolates and candy that are hard to come by over on the far side.  Every year, David cooks for me on Valentine's Day.  This year was no different. Tuna cakes, baked potatoes and salad.  It was delicious! I love my little men. 




4. We celebrated at lunch because in the evening we had tickets to the Monster Truck Jam.  Oh. yes. we. did.  I admit that it was actually a really fun way to spend a night with all the boys in my life! Maybe it won't become an annual tradition or anything…but we did indeed have a good time.  



5. Last, but not least, let me tell you about my latest food love.  Aldi sells cheesecake for $1 per slice in the freezer section.  Now, it's not the Cheesecake Factory or anything, but it's pretty good. Throw some raspberries or strawberries on top and I think it's a fantastic dollar spent! I admit that I eat at least 2 pieces per week.  It's delightful.  Aldi.  They just never do me wrong!



Here's to hoping for a warmer Wednesday!!!

No comments: