Friday, May 1, 2015

Asher at Two Months



Asher is two months old this week.  I cannot imagine life without him.  Isn't it funny the way children do that do a family - change the dynamic so beautifully that it's almost impossible to remember life without them.  We're all in love.  Let me give the details I know I'll forget in years to come:




STATS: He weighed in this week at 14 pounds, 1 ounce. He's perfectly juicy.  He's 24.5 inches long and his head circumference is 15.5. He's in the 90th percentile and above for everything but his little head. He's wearing 3-6 month clothes and seems to already be tugging at the end of the 3 month feet.

SLEEP & SUCH: Round 3 has been so much more laid back for me. There have been no attempts on my part to get out of nighttime feedings.  And he's got the chunky thighs to prove it.  I won't lie.  The little guy cuddles up with me most of the night.  He usually sleeps pretty well until about 4am when the inevitable baby grunting begins.  I'm not planning to make much of an attempt to get him on much of a schedule until our return to South Asia.  The impending 12 hour time difference is enough to make me hold off. The kid is not much a crier, unless he's hungry or has tummy troubles.  But when he does, it's with a whole lot of gusto.

TRICKS: He's got a great smile. And he'll flash it at anyone who will take the time to pay him some attention. He is seriously sweet and his brothers adore him. He's rolling just enough for me to be nervous around the changing table.

FAVORITES: He loves those brothers. Recently I found Silas kissing him straight on the mouth.  Germs, son, germs! Silas is always waiting for an opportunity when my back is turned to love on Asher in some extreme way - a full body hug or head snuggle.  Jude loves to hold him and sing.  It is serious sweetness. He was fussy one evening and I asked Jude to "babysit" while I got Silas out of the tub.  Asher cried the whole time while Jude put his pacifier in his mouth. I heard some smooching and counting amid the noise. At the end, Jude announced to me that he'd given him one hundred and twenty-two kisses.  Oh.  Brother-love! Like a true Dawkins boy, Asher is also quite fond of the great outdoors.


Happy 2 Months, Asher! 
We love you! 

1 comment:

Kelly Brasher said...

Sweetest thing ever! Just reading about these boys makes me smile!