Monday, July 13, 2015

Together

Our new routine is heavy during the week. And light on the weekends.

We are loving it. 

Everyone's finding their fit in the Monday to Friday.  Such a different season than a year ago when we were juggling language classes, work, and a very sick, pregnant momma.  The boys are in school more and because there's not as much time for together during those week days, the weekends just feel so much lighter.  The boys are more content to hang around the house and just spend time together.  Hubs and I are more ready for a break from the city. Instead of frequenting the mall, as we did in days of old (and probably will next hot season:), we've been driving out more to hike and explore.  It's a good fit.  

On Saturday, I woke up with an infection.  I always think I want a day to stay in bed…until I have one:) But it lent to an extra relaxed weekend and some really good family time together.  

Here's the picture I snagged as the boys were reading together on Sunday afternoon.  I love it.  I think I will have this one in a frame when they are all grown and gone.  Somehow, when I see the image in still, gratitude for this season is deeper.  It reminds me so much of a few pictures I have from my own childhood, with all of us piled on my dad.  



And since I have recently considered that if I don't allow someone to take pictures of me and actually keep them, in years to come, we might forget that I was around at all.  So here I am…tousled hair, no-make-up and all. 


I hope your day today is full up with people to love.    

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Glad to see your face made the blog :) So thankful for you and your precious family!

Anonymous said...

Sweet days! I thought of you yesterday as I drank my bottled Coke that said "Have a Coke with Laura." Oh, how I wish I could... Love you much!

Lisa Marie said...

You're beautiful, Laura! Sweet photos.