Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Taste of Homeschool

We're in deep over here.  I'm spending my evenings searching art projects and pincher grip activities. The internet is....well, it's a web....and I'm tangled up in crafts and toddler tips. This feels like a trial run at homeschooling, sans the pressure of knowing that their early academic development is resting on my little shoulders.  

We're having fun. More fun than I thought.  

It's a different routine.  But I am finding that vacation or not, I just thrive (as do my little people) in routine and schedule.  We're sticking to our list of activities each day, worksheets included, and loving it. Spontaneity to me is waiting to decide if we'll go for our "swim hour" in the morning or the afternoon.  It's good to know yourself.  

Here's a peek at our morning: 

Silas needs to work on his "pincher grip." This was the information I received at our last PTM.  So, we're stringing beads on spaghetti noodles mashed into play dough.  If you google pincher grip activities, the world is the limit, friends.  


Next up, fingerprint critters accompanied by a little video on the unique you in everyone's fingertips.


This afternoon, hubs had an errand that required him to drive across the city.  It takes about an hour to get into the center from our house.  So the boys loaded up, took the Chronicles of Narnia cds our sweet friends sent, and headed out for the journey.  Asher, sleep deprived from the lively household, is napping. 

I listened to this fantastic podcast , entitled Audio Books For Parents Who Don't Like Reading Aloud, while the boys played outside this morning.  My friend, Bonnie, recommended Read Aloud Revival to me. Let me recommend it to you. There are so many helpful links, books, and tips...and I've only listened to a few episodes so far.  

A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh read by Peter Dennis is officially on my wish list! 

Farewell for now. 


"Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart." 

- A.A. Milne

1 comment:

Bonnie Myers said...

Yay! Glad you enjoyed the podcast! And you are a craft-machine. Those activities with your kids look like fun.