Monday, October 19, 2015

Campfires & Chaos


It's a bit chaotic around here with the brothers out of school. Our energy levels are up. Waaaaay up. I never realized just how much they burn off at school. Today I added "run laps" to their chore chart. We just have to drive it out one way or another. I can only take so much wrestling. 

I keep reminding myself that this would be my real, every day life if we were in the States. And providentially, I am here in these preschool years. A kinder gift in many ways than I fully realize. 

This weekend we went to the mall. I am considering banning our family from arcades for the next 20 years. After a couple of hours of buzzing holiday chaos, I felt, um, frazzled.


So we drove out to the country for our evening entertainment. Hubs took his machete, which is an unfailing win in boy-land.We built a campfire and watched the sun set. Those are the moments when I absolutely love this boy-mom business. 


  

No comments: