Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cornstarch

Did every one know about fun with cornstarch except for me? A friend saw the crafting in my air this week and tipped me off. The boys played in this mess for close to 45 minutes. That's success in my house!



I admit that I totally enjoyed it too. There's some wild texture in there. A melting and wiggling mess with a box of corn flour and water. Who knew? 


We do now. 

I didn't really know what I was getting with this. I just saw that box of cornstarch and started pouring. Of course, by the end it was all over the table. Next time, I'll probably put a poster board down that we could just pick up and throw away or I'll take it out to the porch and wash it down the drain. But even with it pretty much covering the kitchen, the clean up was less than 15 minutes. 


If you're looking for some stories to go along with this, I grabbed The Jesus Storybook Bible and read God Sends Help (p326, the Holy Spirit coming to our hearts is "almost as if all the coldness and hardness were melting away.") along with The Treasure Hunt (p250, bury a few treasures to dig out). 


Have fun!!!

No comments: