Friday, November 6, 2015

Fancy dress

It was "fancy dress" day at school today. The boys looked adorable. 


En route, a huge, massive red bus hit the car while I was stopped at a light. I have daily encounters with these crazy buses that are not-so-affectionately referred to as bullies.  My fancy dress boys and baby felt a little jolt and chattered on. I erupted in outrage (an excellent response, no doubt) and jumped out of my car (yes, in the middle of the road) to throw up my hands and shout at the bus driver about the children he endangered. I then took pictures of him, my preferred means of road rage intimidation. I got back into my car and drove away, heart pounding, feeling like I could lift the full bus up and throw it. 

Jude, ever the reasonable little man, said "Mom!!! That was SO funny!!!l What were you doing??"

I started laughing and had to agree it was indeed funny, confessing that I really wasn't doing anything. 

Culture, culture. Why do I always let you get the better of me. I had a come-to-Jesus moment of turning away from anger and carried on. 

It did kind of put a damper on my fancy dress morning. Until I saw the teeny red dent in the car. I had to admit my reaction may have been a bit disproportionate. 

And now, fancy dress day will end in another week long vacation for the kids. Prepare yourselves for more crafting. 

Thankfully, David seems to be steadily improving and is back to work today at least for a bit. 

My favorite cultural phrase might need an inscription somewhere. 

Keep calm and curry on. 

No comments: